Original Author: Unknown
Effect: A spectator chooses a card & is
asked to put it face down onto the table under he/she's
forefinger. The magician then takes the top card off of
the deck and shows it around. The magician then taps the
spectator's hand with the card, and to everyone's surprise, it
has changed to the selected card! The spectator looks under
he/she's finger and finds the other card!
Preparation: You must have two of the
exact same card on the top of the deck (such as two copies of
the Jack of Hearts).
1. Have the spectator choose a card from
somewhere in the center of the deck.
2. While the spectator is looking at the
selected card, secretly palm the top card of the deck.
3. Have the spectator place their card on
top of the deck.
4. Square up the pack, secretly placing
the palmed card on top of the selected card.
5. Secretly lift up the top two cards as
one, and explain that you will put the selected card face down
on the table and the spectator will put their finger on top.
6. Put both of the cards on top of the
deck, and then put the top card on the table and have the
spectator put their finger on top.
7. Again lift up the top two cards as one,
and put both cards back on top of the deck. Lift up the top
card and tap it on the spectator's hand.
8. Turn it over, revealing that it has
"changed" to the selected card.
9. Have the spectator turn over the card
under their finger, and it is the other card!
[Return to Hard Card Trick Index]