The Lost Kings
Original Author: Unknown
Effect: Magician shows the four kings to the
spectators. He then places three of the kings in different
parts of the deck. The spectator is then told to cut the deck
into three different piles. The spectator is then told to pick
which pile he would like. The chosen pile is then dealt into
three different piles. The spectator is then asked to flip the
top card of each pile and to the spectators surprise the top
cards are the three lost kings...
Method: Take Kings out of the deck
1. Palm three cards from the deck.
2. Tell spectator to place all four kings on the deck. You
then square the deck and place the palmed cards on the deck.
(The order from the top will be- 3 indifferent cards, then the
3. Tell the spectator that you are going to take the four
kings and you are going to place them in different spots of
deck. Count off the top four cards 1 by 1 onto the table. (The
order on the table will be one king at the top, and three
indifferent cards at the bottom.)
4. Pick up the four cards from the table.
5. Flip the top card, which is a king, and place it on the
6. Take the three indifferent cards and place them 1 by 1
in different parts of the deck. (Spectators now think you just
placed the three kings in different parts of the deck.)
7. (The three kings are still on top of the deck.) Ask the
spectator to cut the deck in three even piles.
8. (Stay focus on the pile that contains the three kings)
Force the spectator the pile that contains the three kings by
the "Process of Elimination".
9. Tell the spectator to think of a number between 10 and
10. Once they thought of that number, tell the spectator to
deal off that amount down to the table.
11. (The dealt pile contains the three kings at the bottom)
The left over card(s) are placed to the side with the rest of
12. Tell spectator to pick up dealt pile. Tell spectator to
deal cards from left to right into three piles.
13. Tell spectator to flip over the top cards of each pile.
There are the three kings...
[Return to Hard Card Trick Index]