I Thought That
Was Your Card
Trick Courtesy of: Janaris Brown
Original Author: Unknown
Effect: A person picks a card. You look through the
deck, rearrange it, and show bottom card. They say that isn't
card so you put it on the table. You look through the deck
again and find an upside down card. You show it, but it still
isn't the card. Then you go back to card already on table and
flip it up. It has changed to the card.
1. Memorize top card beforehand.
2. Tell person to pick a card.
3. Put card back on top of deck.
4. Look through deck for memorized top card.
5. Once you find the top card, cut it to the bottom.
6. Their card will automatically be second from the
7. You show bottom card and ask if that is their
card. (of course they will say no)
8. Perform the glide. and put their real card on the
9. While the original card is pushed back, place
your palm on the protruding edge of it.
10. With the right palm flip it to the top of deck
while turning the deck face up.
11. This will put the card upside down on bottom
(really top) of the deck.
12. Cut the deck while it is face up in your hand.
13. Look through deck face up, and there will be an
upside down card in the deck. the card that they actually saw
at the bottom and thought you put down on the table.
14. Ask, "wasn't that the card on the table," when
they go to look at card on the table is turns out to be their
[Return to Hard Card Trick Index]