Original Author: Unknown
Effect: After shuffling the deck, the
magician holds the deck in his hand, face down, and calls for
a spectator to choose a card as he is going through the deck.
After the spectator tells the magician to stop going through
the deck, the magician thinks for a moment, and says what the
card is, which he then reveals to the audience.
This trick requires the knowledge of how to perform a fake
Hindu shuffle or the sort), and a
1) Before beginning, glance at and remember the bottom
2) Shuffle the deck, keeping the bottom card on the bottom!
3) Hold the deck in such a manner that you can perform a
glide easily, like holding the sides of the deck with your
hand overtop of the cards.
4) With your finger, slide the cards starting from the top
of the deck towards you, about half an inch. Tell the person
you're doing the trick to that they decide when you should
stop by saying so.
5) After the spectator tells you to stop, pretend to think,
then announce the card as being the card you remembered on the
6) Perform the glide as you reveal the chosen card, so that
the bottom card slides to cover up the actual card the
spectator chose. If done well, accept your applause
[Return to Hard Card Trick Index]