Trick Courtesy of: Andrew Brown
Original Author: Unknown
Effect: Spectators freely chosen card ends
up folded in the magicians mouth.
1. Start with a full deck of cards.
2. Now shuffle the deck so that everybody
knows that the cards are not rigged in any way.
3. Have a spectator choose a card and
4. Now, cut the deck and have them place
their card on the top of the bottom half.
5. Quickly take the bottom half and place
it on top. (This can be done behind your back as well.)
6. Now you know their card is on the top
of the deck and you must begin folding it.
MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF THIS IS DONE BEHIND YOUR BACK!!!!
7. Fold the card twice and place it four
cards down from the top.
8. Then bring out the first card. Ask them
"Is this your card?" (ITYC?) They will say no.
9. Do this until you reach your fourth
10. The folded up card should be placed at
the back of the fourth card. Bring it up and sort of place the
card horizontal to your mouth. With your thumb, slide the
folded up card in your mouth.
11. Now point to the card you are still
holding. Do not speak or open your mouth because the audience
or spectator will notice the card in your mouth and the trick
would be ruined.
12. Reach behind your back and pull out
one more card. Again point but don't speak. After the audience
thinks you bombed the trick begin to cough and pull out their
card. They will be dumbfounded!
Hint: You may want to use an old, crappy
deck of cards because after it is in your mouth it gets wet
and tore and a deck is not good without all 52 cards.
[Return to Hard Card Trick Index]