Original Author: anonyomous
1) Ask member of audience if (s)he wants to play Pick-up 52. If (s)he says yes, throw a pack of cards on the ground, being sure to make a big mess. Say: "Pick-up 52."
Editor's note: Card Trick Central accepts no responsibility if you actually try this!
Alternate Version: (this is actually a trick)
1) Before you do the trick, place the Eight of Hearts on top of the deck and the Seven of Diamonds on the bottom.
2) Now place the Eight of Diamonds on TOP of the Eight of Hearts, and the Seven of Hearts UNDERNEATH the Seven of Diamonds, so that there are two sets of red Sevens and Eights.
3) Take the top and bottom cards from the deck (Eight of Diamonds and Seven of Hearts,) and show them quickly enough that the audience remembers red Seven and Eight, but not so quickly that they suspect what you're going to do and memorize the exact cards.
4) Mix the cards into the middle of the deck, in different places.
5) Announce that you will now bring the cards back to the outside of the deck.
6) Lick your left thumb and index finger. (Or, if you have a cold drink nearby, take a sip just before this part. You are trying to get your fingers slightly moistened.) Holding the deck in your left fingers, thumb on top, fingers on bottom. Hold it at one end, very close to the edge, so the length of the deck sticks out in front. Press your thumb and index finger against the deck enough to make the top and bottom cards "stick" to those fingers.
7) With right hand, slap down on the top of the deck to knock out all of the cards EXCEPT the top and bottom ones, which you hold with your left hand. Practice this until you can do it well (i.e., hold on to ONLY the correct cards.)
8) Leave. (Let somebody else clean up the mess.)
to Easy Card Trick Index]