Original Author: Unknown
This card trick is very easy but it fools alot of people.
1. Shuffle the deck or get the spectator to shuffle it.
2. Take the card on top of the deck and look at it, without letting the spectator see it, and place it, face-down, in front of him.
3. Ask the spectator to pick a color: red or black.
4. (example: if the card was the Three of Hearts, a RED card.) If the spectator says black, then you say: "Well, that leaves red." If he says red, you say: "Good Choice"
5. Now you ask: "Which suit do you like better, Hearts or Diamonds?" (Remember, the card you looked at is RED.)
6. If the spectator says Hearts, you say: "Good choice." If he says Diamonds, you say: "That just leaves Hearts." Either way, you then say: "Pick five cards in that suit you like the best."
7. If the five cards he picks don't contain your card, say "Okay, now from the remaining cards pick five cards you like the best."
8. If these five cards still don't contain your card, say: "That just leaves three cards." Name the three remaining cards.
9. On the first or second try, five cards will have been selected. On the third try, only three cards. Ask him: "Out of the five (or three) cards which, two do you like the best"
10. (example: out of the five cards 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 he picks the 5 and 6.) You say: "That leaves the 2, 3, and 4."
11. Now you ask him which he likes out of those three. If he says the Three of Hearts, you turn over the card and amaze him!
12.If he does not pick the card, you ask him out of the remaining two, which one he likes the best. If he still doesn't pick it, you say, while turning over the card: "Well that just leaves the Three of Hearts," and you amaze him!
The trick seems simple, and you think any one will get it. They don't. Try it on a friend. The trick is this: the spectator gets so caught up in picking everything, he doesn't realize that you are making the choices, so he thinks he picked the card. It amazes him!
to Easy Card Trick Index]