Original Author: anonyomous
3 Robbers & a Cop Variation The 3 Theives Variation
Start out by telling a story of four king thieves (have the Kings separated from the rest of the deck). One day the kings decide to rob their local Famous Store. The four kings fly their helicopter to the roof and begin to devise their plans. (As you say this, place the four Kings on the top of the deck.)
The first king says, "I'll take the clothes from the first floor" (Place the King on the bottom of the deck). The next king says, "Okay, I'll rob the second floor (Place the King somewhere in the middle, but near the bottom." The third king says, "Then I'll rob the third floor (Place the King somewhere above the second, but not on top.) The fourth king says, "I'll be the lookout. If I see some police coming, I'll whistle and you should all come up to the roof."
The kings begin to rob the store. However, the king on the roof sees the cops are starting to surround the store. So he gives the whistle (whistle - or scream or something, if you can't whistle) and the four kings all run up to the roof and fly away in their helicopter to safety (take the four cards off the top, one by one, revealing the four Kings!)
How it's done:
The whole trick is done right at the very beginning. Along with the four Kings you place on the top of the deck, you also place three other cards on top of those. When you show the Kings, keep the others hidden behind them, so it looks like there's only four Kings. When you put these together and put them on the "roof," and then move the three Kings to the various parts of the building, you're actually moving those three cards.
3 Robbers and a Cop Variation
Trick Courtesy of: CurryKaTa
The magician places 3 Jacks in a deck, which he tells the audience are robbers. He places a Jack on top of the deck, one in the middle, and one at the bottom. The magician then places a King, which he says represents a cop, on the bottom of the deck. Magician asks a spectator to cut the deck. The magician explains that the deck of cards is a bank. When the deck has been cut, the magician takes it, and looks through it to show that the three Jacks (robbers,) are together with the King (cop.) The cop caught the 3 robbers that tried to rob the bank.
This trick requires preparation before performing it. Before performing, the magician secretly places a jack on the bottom of the deck. He does not let anyone see this.
The 3 Thieves Variation
Effect: A story is told about 3 thieves (Jacks,) who break into a house (deck,) and are followed by a detective (King.) After cutting the deck, a spectator looks in and sees that the thieves are all being guarded by detectives.
At the bottom of the deck, put a King, a Jack and another King, so that the Jack is in-between the two Kings.
1) Have 3 Jacks ready, and 1 King. Start telling the story. "There were three thieves who wanted to break into this house. One entered the house from the front door (Place a Jack on top of the deck.) One thief entered through the back door (put a Jack on the bottom), and one broke in through a window (put last Jack anywhere in the center.)
2) Then say: "A police detective (show them the King) saw this and entered the front of the house, calling for back-up (put the King on top of the deck.)
3) At this time, you will have a King, then a Jack on top, and a King, Jack, King, Jack order on the bottom. Now say "There was a scuffle between the thieves and the cops." Cut the deck several times, making sure not to mess up the order of the cards.
4) Now, somewhere in the deck, there is an order of Jack, King, Jack, King, Jack, King. Each cop has arrested a thief.
5) Search through the deck and show the spectator that the police caught the thieves in the act.
Tip: Remember that the one Jack you put in the center of the deck will not be used at the end, it is just a decoy.
to Easy Card Trick Index]